You’ll linger over that look on his face when he first saw you as his bride. Your parents welling up with happy tears as they watched you say your vows. Those first stolen moments as man and wife (how did that stealthy photographer find you? But you are so glad he did.).
Your wedding day isn’t just about a schedule of events, making sure the groom’s socks match your garter, or even making sure the DJ doesn’t play the Macarena (no matter how many times Aunt Susie requests it).
It’s about those invisible moments that connect us with the people we love.
I’m Chris from The Story Photography.
And I specialize in capturing emotions on your wedding day. When you remember your wedding, it will be about more than just how you looked. It will be about how you felt.
Your favorite pictures aren’t going to be the cake, escort cards, or the perfectly arranged flowers.
Your favorites are…
Your best memories are the candid moments in life. I’ll make sure that I capture those teary, happy, silly, unscripted moments from your wedding that will fill your heart when you look back.
What I believe...
- My real job isn’t operating a camera. My real job is observing, listening, learning about you, your family & your relationships.
- Quiet confidence is beautiful
- A perfect way to get to know someone is over a great coffee, wine, or microbrew
- Our intimate relationships shape our souls.
- My most important work in life is to be a loving husband and a present father.
- We are made for more than the mundane. A life that is lived to it fullest can inspire those around us and those who come after us toward greater lives.
- A focused, relaxed photographer who sees the innate elegance in a bride who is just as confident in their career as relaxing on the beach.
- A little addicted to triple grande lattes
- An online shopper… I once received a hand-written thank you note from Amazon.com at the end of the year!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my wedding be a good fit for your approach to wedding photography?
Yes, if the thing you are most excited about is enjoying the presence of your loved ones!
Any meaningful gathering of people who love each other in a reasonably charming or natural environment fits right in to my strengths.
If, on the other hand, the focus of your wedding day is Style Me Pretty-type decor and details… I can direct you to some awesome friends who specialize in that kind of work.
How much do your wedding packages cost?
- I offer a few pre-made wedding packages with pricing ranging from 3500 – 5350 and I’m always willing to try to customize something! Most packages include an album. All packages include full-day coverage, digital files (with print release), and online gallery to share with friends!
- I also offer a strictly photojournalistic coverage in which I am 100% hands-off and record your day as an observer at a special rate of $2250 for a limited time.
Do you travel for destination weddings?
I sure do! Just let me know what you’re thinking and I’ll provide you with an all-inclusive package so that you don’t have to worry about any additional costs.
How many images will we end up with from our wedding day?
I typically deliver around 700+ images in digital format. Of course, it all depends on the length of your day and what is happenening.
I make many more images than that but as the curator of your wedding photos, I deliver the best images that span the full story of your wedding day from my perspective.
How long after the wedding will we receive our images?
You are guaranteed the images delivered to you within 3 weeks of your wedding day and of course you’ll have a sneak peek in days!
Do you create albums?
Yes! One of my favorite things to do after a wedding is put together the book because that wedding book becomes a new family’s very first new heirloom. That’s why I include a custom designed album in most packages! What better way to share the story of your new family’s beginning than showing your kids the wedding album someday?
Will you travel outside of the Syracuse area for our wedding?
Absolutely. The regular packages have no additional travel fees for wedding from Buffalo to Albany and the Thousand Islands to Binghamton.
How much extra will we need to pay for the rights to the images?
Nothing! I love creating relaxed, modern, & candid wedding photography for my clients! You will receive full rights to share, print, and reprint the images anywhere you would like to for your personal use.
Can we meet with you before making our decision?
I always encourage a meeting before we make a decision on if we are right for each other so I make it a point to make time to get to know you over a good drink or even on a Skype call!